Well, upload video to Instagram is one of the most popular engaging content that plays a crucial role in attracting new followers. Photos are indeed more likely to get more likes than videos But now, what is the reason to consider videos on Instagram?
The fact is that videos on Instagram gain more engagements, views, and comments; that is why Instagram turns into one of the video-sharing platforms. It is interesting to know that video marketing has sudden growth within 2020 that 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an integral part of their marketing strategy. Based on this stat, how to upload a video to Instagram space is one of the most important topics we should talk about.
How to post videos on Instagram
If you could make your effort to know what to post on Instagram for more engagement, you will come up with video type content.
Now it is time to ask how to post videos on Instagram?
It is a good question you should know about to identify your Instagram audience needs which mainly points out which kind of Instagram video type is suitable for each Instagram video size. It is really thoughtful of you to make your post videos as long as necessary.
- You can share videos to your Instagram feed, story, live, and IGTV based on your marketing strategy. It is also helpful to know that it is possible to send videos via a direct message.
- The tip on posting a video is that you are allowed to upload an available video to Instagram from your galley or Instagram camera record.
- Based on each Instagram video content length, you can set up from which channel achieve your marketing goals.
How to post videos on Instagram from the feed
Instagram feed is the main part of your Instagram page, where the photos and videos we think you care about. Now follow the steps on how to upload a video to Instagram from the feed.
- Open your Instagram app
- Press the + button at the bottom-middle of the screen to add a new post.
- Now you have two options: Gallery or Video
- First, you can upload a prerecorded video by switching to the gallery. But if you select the video, you need to press and hold to record a video right now.
- Choose the way of uploading a video
- In this step, you select how to post your video, whether by galley or live recording.
- Apply Filters
Three options will appear in this step: Filter, Cover, and Trim when you post your video on Instagram. It means Instagram is providing simple editing tools to have a better video display on your feed.
Trim: It uses for videos up to 30 seconds; you can cut one of your video clip parts.
Cover: It is recommended to choose a cover image form one of your Instagram video frames.
- Finally, write an excellent caption, add the location, and also the people you want.
How to post videos on Instagram from the story
There are a few differences in uploading a video to Instagram, as a story is almost the same as the Instagram feed.
- Go to your Instagram app
- Click the camera icon on the top left corner
- Choose a video
If you have an available video that you have already recorded to post on Instagram, swipe up, and select it from your gallery. If not, you can record the video to the Instagram story and take advantage of Instagram stories formats such as LIVE, BOOMERANG, SUPERZOOM, FOCUS, REWIND, LAYOUT, or HANDS-FREE.
- Share your Instagram story with your followers
It is much better to consider your audience’s tastes to post a video on Instagram as a story. Try to make the most of the story stickers to convey the sense of the content. The opportunity of coming to Instagram stories location search goes up. Therefore, it’s easy for people to engage with your Instagram account.
How to post videos on Instagram from IGTV
Thank Instagram that offers a YouTube platform as an IGTV feature that it’s designed for the mobile-optimized viewing of long Instagram videos. Before you can upload a video post to Instagram as IGTV, you need to create your channel. First, you should download the IGTV app and log in with your Instagram username and password. If you don’t like to download the IGTV app, you can upload your long video to Instagram from the Instagram Explore page.
- Open the Instagram app
- Tap the IGTV button the top of the Explore page
- Tap + symbol at the bottom it opens your camera roll
- Upload a video to post on IGTV you want then tap Next.
- Select the video length at least 1 minute to IGTV and at most 1 hour.
- Tap to see the video’s slide images and choose a cover image from your camera roll
- Add title and description
- Now, a new tab on your Instagram profile appears for your IGTV videos.
How long can an Instagram video be
As the Instagram video is gaining more popularity, find each video length helps you to better interact with your audience. So, you need to know some useful data about the Instagram video size to plan for every video clip in advance. Videos on Instagram divided into four types:
- Instagram video post feed
Video posts are essential to maximizing Instagram feed growth. An Instagram video post for feed can be 3 to 60 seconds long.
- Instagram stories
Instagram stories are more popular than Instagram posts. They are located at the top of Instagram users’ feed and give better customer interaction. A video clip for the Instagram story can be up to 15 seconds per story.
IGTV is one of the most useful features for those with verified accounts. It varies from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. However, a simple Instagram account can upload an IGTV video for up to 10 minutes.
- Instagram live videos
Live videos on Instagram engages you with Instagram followers in real-time. An Instagram live video can be an hour long.
- Instagram DM videos
One of the best Instagram features is direct messages include text, photo and video DM videos on Instagram are limited to 15 seconds.
Upload video to Instagram from pc
How to upload videos to Instagram from pc is one of the wondering questions everyone might ask.
If you are looking for a way to upload a video to Instagram from pc, there are several ways you can use faster without an Instagram mobile app.
- Upload Video on Instagram with IG pods scheduler You can use the IG PODs Scheduler to upload your video posts on Instagram. After you find when to post on Instagram, you can easily add your video, write a good caption, search for hashtags, and set a date and hour anytime you want. Another helpful feature of this tool is that you can upload multiple photos and video posts for other accounts simultaneously.
- Instagram for desktop
Instagram Desktop app is one of the most common apps that you can post on Instagram from a computer. But it doesn’t include extra services such as Instagram post scheduler, repost option and upload multiple posts for multiple accounts.
Here is how you can upload a video to Instagram
- Go to Instagram for desktop
- Click Add to Chrome
- Log in to your Instagram account
- Click on the D icon on the top menu on Chrome
- Click on upload video
- Select your video (up to 60 seconds)
- Add caption and descriptions
- click post
How to upload video to Instagram as a direct message
Many features have been added to it and now it is a powerful social media website that has facilities like sending direct messages, sharing photos and short videos, and advertising merchandise and services.
- Head over the Instagram app.
- Tap the plane icon on the top right of your Instagram feed.
- Now, tap the paper&pen icon at the right top of the screen
- Choose the ones you want to send a direct message from the search bar at the top of the page.
- The chat screen shows up
- Tap the blue camera at the bottom left corner of the screen to record a video for uploading directly from the app
- By the way, you can tap the photo icon at the bottom right corner to select a pre-ready video from your gallery.
To sum up, we do our best to serve you in different ways of how to upload videos to Instagram for every kind of purpose. It is essential to know this practical information t because Post video to Instagram is one of the most engaging goals that bring many benefits for businesses, from generating leads to boosting product sales.